Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mwuli Bwangi!
Things are great here in Malawi and it’s been a wonderful week since last updating you! God is so great and faithful to His children and has proven that over and over to our team! God has provided us with a great place to live, health of the team (we had our first sickness this week, but nothing serious, but be praying for Brooke, and also, on the other teams, there are several sick people, so pray for their health!) God is moving on campus and really changing lives. This week,our focus is build.We are wanting to build into leaders on this campus and disciple them and build into them. So we are praying that for each student here, they will find one leader to build into. So be in prayer for that! And we are having a great time sharing the Spirit Filled Life with the students. We really wanted to emphasize helping Christian grow in their walk, so we wanted to share the Holy Spirit with a lot of Christians, and we have, and God has been moving, so it’s been great!
Can I just say, that when I get a chance to write an update, I feel that my mind goes blank! And then I know that once I get off the computer, I will remember several things that I wanted to write to all of you! But, just know, that we are all doing great and that God is using each student here for His purpose and it’s been such a stretching time.
And to see the passion of some of the students that I met last year has been wonderful. Several of them want to join staff or do an intern with Life Ministries, which is really exciting!
Ah, I really do miss you all back home and really do wish that each of you could be here with me! This is more of a shorter update, but others still need to use the computer. Continue to be in prayer that as we end our time here in Malawi, we would continue to minister in God’s strength and be filled with His spirit, that through us, He would call students to Him! I really want to be His hands and feet, so please pray for that!
I want to come home, once again changed, and I know that God is already changing me. My verse for this trip, was Hebrews 12: 1-2. :Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us through off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus,the author and perfector of our faith who for the joy set before him enduring the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
It’s my desire that I would throw off all that hinders me and completely focus on the Lord.I desire to live for Him and lately there have been things in my life that changed that I didn’t like, but I know that God is in control, and what sweet peace that brings!
Blessings and love to all!

No comments: