Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hi Everyone! Only 3 more full days left in Malawi…I can’t believe how incredibly fast the time has gone by. I don’t feel like it should be time to get back on the plane and head back to Tanzania. I am really feeling sad about leaving. Last year when I left, I knew that there was a chance that I could come back and see my friends again, but this year, there isn’t a good chance that I will come back for a while, so it makes me really sad to leave, because I really really care for these people and I have loved spending time with them. So please pray for that, that I won’t be over emotional when I leave. Ah, I am really going to miss my friends! It has been a fabulous three weeks, hanging out with them and doing ministry alongside them.
We taught some of our African friends line dancing for our cultural night outreach on Friday – they are surprisingly good at line dancing. We are telling them that they are practically Canadian! It should be a great night and a great last night together with them!
We fly out of Malawi on Sunday afternoon, heading back to Dar. Then we have one day in Dar before leaving for R&R, where we will be going on Safari, which also really excites me! I love God’s creation of animals…like giraffes! My favorite animal of all time! It will be a good time of refreshing before we head off for Jesus Film. There is a chance that I will be going to Zanzibar for Jesus Film, which will be really awesome! Zanzibar is a highly Muslim country, so it will tough soil, but much needed to share the gospel. So please also be in prayer as we, the staff, choose the teams for the students to go on, and pray for the safety of the students as they travel to different towns in Tanzania! This is an exciting adventure for the students.
The team this year is great! We all get along so well together and we have a great time together, no matter what we are doing! Whether it’s killing bugs or singing, there is always laughter and lots of it! And the rest of the staff that I am working with are great! Tim, Jill, Peter and Melissa – they are fabulous! We work really well together as a team, and are able to lead together and be unified! I am so thankful for each of them, for they have stretched me and have made this trip great!
We had an all night prayer last night and it was so good to keep our focus. We all prayed for 45 min during the night and it was good for me to get up in the middle of the night and sacrifice my sleep. And it was so refreshing to spend time with God and get my focus.
God is teaching me so much this year and I am so thankful and glad that I am here in Africa. There is no where else that I would rather be! I am also gaining a deep love for the Word and really desire to read and understand it more and more, which is a good thing!
So I am not sure when I will be able to update next, because I am not sure when I will have access to a computer. So there might be a dry spell of updates, but keep checking! Continue to be in prayer and know that God is moving in evident and HUGE ways in Malawi – on Saturday night at another outreach, Chanco’s party boy gave his life to the Lord --- GOD IS MOVING!

No comments: