Monday, May 28, 2007

Back in Dar Es Salaam

We arrived back in Dar safely last night (may 27) It was an uneventful plane ride, but a really really hard goodbye to say. It was really tough to leave Malawi and to say goodbye to the wonderful people there, who have touched my life and become such great friends to me. I really haven't processed much of the three weeks that just went by, and all that God did. But I do know that many lives were changed and many were added to the kingdom, which means a huge party in heaven! And that's exciting!
We had a great last day with the malawian students, where we climbed a mountain together and then had a time of training on the top of the mountain. It was a killer climb, it took a while but it was alot of fun! Zomba is beauitful and the view from the mountain clearly showed that! And I loved being able to spend the whole day with life ministries. Once we were up the mountain we had lunch and one time, I looked at everyone and it looked like a family reunion/picnic and I loved that! We all did become like family, so it was a wonderful, wonderful day, and one that I will treasure! God is going to use the students at Chanco to change Africa and the world.
We also had a great last night of team time together where we spent hours encouraging one another and telling eachother why we love eachother. It was really encouraing and great bonding time. And the guys on our team blessed the girls, by making us chocolate fondue....we were blessed and happy! So it was a great night and I even today, not being with the students, is really tough. It was like a family! So thanks God for that!
we leave tomorrow for R&R, which the students and staff alike both really need. So pray for a great time of refreshing for everyone. and then we head off, Friday morning for Jesus Film. I am going to Zanzibar with the rest of the staff team, so I am really looking forward to that. I love the Jesus Film part of being here, because it exposes so many people to the gospel. So please pray for safety, as the students head out to all different parts of Tanzania to preach the gospel to the lost. Pray that God would change lives and people would come to have a personal relationship with Him.
God is just really showing me again and again, what I am here for. To live a life that is worthy of Him, and that in all I do, it reflects His character and draws people to Him. I want to be able to see everyone in heaven...so I love sharing the Gospel and the assurance of salvation with people -- to fulfill the Great Commission. But sometimes it amazes me how bold I can be here in africa and how shy I can be at home in Canada, with family, friends -- all people that need to hear and know about Jesus. So pray that I would come home with the same boldness and passion.
Today the students have the day off, and are off wondering the city of Dar, so it should be an exhausting and fun day for them! I am spending the day with my friend Melissa and we are having a relaxing day. Just spending time at her house (she's been her for the past 8 months) and just having some good quality time together. It's a good day! I am being shocked though at the influence of North America in Africa and it makes me sad that perhaps Africa is losing it's traditional ways to follow the Western world, and really, we aren't good examples to follow in some of our ways.
Pray for my friend Tim who flys home tomorrow, because he has other staff training. God truely blessed the malawi team with great staff and we all got along so well. That is one of my highlights of the trip, just being around such influential leaders who really helped me grow. God is good!
A verse that has become our theme while in malawi -- 1 Cor. 15:58 -- read it and let it sink in and live for the Lord!

No comments: