Monday, June 11, 2007

leaving on a jet plane

Tomorrow is the big day of leaving Africa and I am feeling such a big array of emotions right now! It breaks my heart to leave this place. I really do love Africa and I love the people here and I am going to miss the people so much.
In just a few short hours I will be getting on the plane and flying to England. Left with time to process all that God has done in the past 6 weeks....which is so much! God has done so much and I don't even know where to begin to process what He has taught me. We have spent the last few days doing debrief with the students and helping them to start processing everything and it has been a great few days. I love the students on this team, and their love and passion for God and to serve Him, so any time that I can spend time with them is good times!
But it's really late and I do need to get some sleep so I can function tomorrow...but I will be home so soon....Wednesday afternoon to be exact, and that scares me. It's hard for me to believe that I have been gone for almost 7 weeks...time has gone by so quickly and it scares me to re-enter Canada and the culture. Canada and Africa are so completely different, and I'm not sure how will fit back in. I know that last year it was a tough transition for me, so I do ask for your prayers that as I come back to Canada, that I would stay focused on God and not forget all that He taught me. And that I would not be judgemental of the culture and the people, but just keep putting God first.
There are so many stories that I want to share, so I am looking forward to being able to process and relay those stories to you!
So, for many of you, see you in just a couple days...it will be nice to see all your smiling faces!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

YAY! Amanda is back! I'll see you in a week.